Sunday 21 October 2012

Top 5 Alternatives to Google Adsense And Why I Hate Them


Everybody knows how strict Google is and how flawlessly it bans many of it’s publishers. When one of my blogs was banned from Adsense, first of all I thought it was the end. But then came the magic word ‘Alternatives…’ and I went searching for the so called best alternatives to Adsense. I found many of them, signed them up and tried them one by one. I gave enough time for each of those alternatives to settle down. But none of them did…

Here I am going to share my experience with some of the best alternatives to Adsense and why they failed like anything for me. I know there are many people out there who earn good income from the networks listed below and I am not an anti-supporter of these networks. I know they are not ants in front of elephant but I am here to share my experience and I hope my experience will guide at least some people out there. 

1. Chitika


Well, what to say about this one! Even when my blog was earning through Adsense, the name of Chitika kept coming to my ears every now and then. It is a well known and well established CPC ad network and I have seen many top quality sites running their ads. There is only one problem with Chitika- You need US and Canada traffic. And I got some on my blog. I had 40% US visitors and they totaled up to 400 page-views daily. So I decided to sign-up with them. Even after running the ads for about a week, I didn’t get a single click. I got about 900 page-views daily as shown by Chitika but zero clicks! I don’t know what went wrong but after getting irritated, I quit. 

2. Infolinks


Before signing up with Infolinks, I said to myself- I don’t like links on the words I read. And so I was cautious while setting up Infolinks so that I do not spam my own blog with ads running here and there. But even when I set the maximum links to 6/page and set the links to appear only in the content paragraphs, I found a couple of links in my author bio as well as in my blogroll. As far as my earnings go, I made around $0.20 or something for the first few days but I felt that Infolinks was spamming my site too much. And $0.20 is not something I could get satisfied for all the spam. So I quit. 

3. Bidvertiser


Bidvertiser was very good indeed as it didn’t spam my blog, also I got some clicks and earned very low but at least something. But the thing was that Bidvertiser didn’t really show any good ads and the only ad block I installed remained half empty or showed a big image with the word ‘Download’ flashing all over. I realised that Bidvertiser is now no longer used by advertisers in a large scale. When I was tired of looking at the flashing ‘Download’ image ad, finally, I quit. 

4. DirectCPV


DirectCPV made me felt like- am I in outer space? I saw a DirectCPV affiliate banner on a well known blog, read few reviews about it and decided to try it out. When I signed up for an account, they said they would mail me in a few days once they review my account, just like Adsense does. I felt like something pro level like Adsense should come up. I got their approval mail after maybe a month… When I read the mail, for one second I thought- when did I sign-up?…Oh I remember. Having read their startup guide which said about sources, editing them, installing query code and this and that, I found it was way more difficult to understand than Adsense. When I was ready to generate an ad block code, I came up to a screen where you had to enter a maximum of 200 keywords related to your site content. After thinking and thinking, I quit. 

5. Clicksor


Clicksor was the network that made me say-I should stop blogging for money. Really, because I myself never thought that one day I would sign-up with Clicksor and join the ‘Click-me…Click here…The whole page is an ad, you have to click me…’ spamming group. Yes I call Cliksor publishers as spamming group and the reason is simple. If you have a well established blog with respectable visitors and if you have self respect then you would never go for a network that gives jumping ads that force you to mis-click on them. But well… I did. But just for 2 days. I kept minimum ads and not a single ad that occupied the whole page, tried to keep the jumping behaviour of clicksor to a minimum. I got the highest earnings above all the alternatives I tried-around $0.40 but when on the third day I visited my site, I saw that one of those ads was from a dating site. I felt burning inside and removed clicksor forever. Nobody would ever tolerate a dating site’s advertisement on a tech blog! So finally I followed my heart, and quit. 

Over to you


So this was my story. I the end, the conclusion from my heart is – I never blogged for money and money was never the reason for me to share my knowledge, follow my hobby and to blog. So after clicksor, I never went for any other network. I kept working on my two blogs, Blogging Panorama  is a newer one and I hope that one day it would show Adsense ads. For my older one, Adsense ads starting showing up again- thanks to Google.

But still, I want to know how these alternatives have proven themselves good enough in front of Adsense for all those people out there. If you get some passive income from any of these alternatives to Adsense, then why not share the secret with us! Do comment and share your views.